If you live in the U.S then you must have heard about the ABC channel, it is quite a popular channel. This guide is basically about the installation and activation process of the ABC app on Samsung Smart TV. ABC (American Broadcasting Company) is an American Television network, owned by Walt Disney. It offers different varieties of shows, programs, game events, episodes in every genre, talk shows, sports events, and much more. It is basically a hub of entertainment and learning. It supports a large number of devices like Samsung Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.
How to install the ABC app on Samsung Smart TV?
Step 1: – Switch on your Samsung Smart TV.
Step 2: – Your device must have an active internet connection.
Step 3: – Tap on the smart hub button or home button on your TV remote to get the menu option.
Step 4: – Menu bar will pop up on your TV screen.
Step 5: – Select the Apps option by scrolling the left side.
Step 6: – Find the “ABC” app from the app list or go to the search icon (magnifying glass icon) on the top panel.
Step 7: – A empty box will appear on your TV screen, enter “ABC” with the help of a virtual keyboard.
Step 8: – Few apps will be appeared on the suggestion bar, only select the ABC app from it.
Step 9: – Click on the install button on the next page.
Step 10: – After installing, click on the OK button on the notification.
How to activate the ABC app on Samsung Smart TV?
Step 11: – Launch the ABC app and go to the settings option.
Step 12: – Click on the activate my device option.
Step 13: – A unique code will generate on your TV screen. Now move on to another device to submit the given unique code.
Step 14: – Visit the www.abc.com/activate link from the browser.
Step 15: – Here you have to submit the displayed unique code in the respective field.
Step 16: – Then click on the continue option.
Step 17: – Select your respective TV provider from the list and log in with the given account credentials.
Step 18: – In a while, your TV screen will automatically refresh.
Another way to watch the ABC app on Samsung Smart TV-
You can also stream the ABC app with the help of Google Chromecast. This is a unique device that connects to your Samsung Smart TV and can stream mobile content to your TV screen.
Step 1: – Connect your Google Chromecast to the port of the Samsung Smart TV.
Step 2: – Same Wi-Fi connection must be necessary for both Chromecast and Smartphone.
Step 3: – Go to the Play Store or App Store and find the “ABC” app from the search bar.
Step 4: – Click on the install button.
Step 5: – Wait until the installation process finishes, then launch the app.
Step 6: – Drop down the notification panel and navigate the cast icon.
Step 7: – Select the cast icon or you can go to the settings option and enable the cast option.
Step 8: – Now select your device’s name from the search result.
Step 9: – Then your screen will be ready for casting.
Step 10: – Play your content.
Step 1: – Open Google Chrome on your computer and visit the www.abc.com website.
Step 2: – Tap on the right mouse button on the main screen and navigate the cast option.
Step 3: – Now it will search all the nearby devices for casting, select your device name from the search result.
Step 4: – Click on the sources option.
Step 5: – Select the Tab only option.
Step 6: – Now your screen will mirror on the Samsung TV screen.
How to watch ABC without any TV provider?
If you don’t have a TV provider or do not want to use it. Then there is also a different option for streaming the ABC app on Samsung Smart TV. There are many such media streaming services available, that do not require a TV provider/Cable Provider for providing channels.
Hulu is one of the media streaming services that includes ABC channel and also supports Samsung Smart TV as well. Hulu Live TV is the latest service from Hulu, that includes ABC Channel as well as 70 channels (TBS, HGTV, FX, FXX, Disney, CNN, Lifetime, Cartoon Network, ESPN, USA Network, truTV, VH1, etc.) as a part of its plan and it costs $64.99 per month.
- You also get a 7-day free trial.
- 70 popular channels
- You can record your favorite shows with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage.
- Two users can stream Hulu at the same time.
- Hulu is compatible with Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, Android, Xbox, Roku, Fire TV, Windows, Chromecast, and PS4.
FuboTV also includes the ABC channel on its subscription plan. Both Hulu and FuboTV have the same subscription price, but FuboTV has 30 more channels than Hulu plans. It has 90 channels in its plan- MTV, WE tv, USA Network, ESPN, Fox News, TLC, Syfy, TLC, Travel Channel, AMC, BET, Comedy Central, MSNBC, etc for $64.99 per month.
- 7-days free trial.
- 90 channels available.
- 250 hours Cloud DVR storage available for recording your favorite shows and events.
- Three devices can stream at once.
- FuboTV is compatible with Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android, iOS, VIZIO Smart TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Windows and Roku.
AT&T TV is another way to stream the ABC channel. It includes ABC Channel in its Entertainment package for $69.99 a month. It offers ABC Channels along with 65 channels such as A&E, AMC, HGTV, History, FX, FXX, Syfy, TBS, TNT, VH1, USA Network, WE tv, Fox News, Hallmark Channel, etc.
- You don’t get any free trial with its subscription plan.
- 65 channels are available.
- Only 20 hours of cloud DVR storage are available for recording.
- Over 20 devices can connect and stream at the same time.
- AT&T TV is compatible with Samsung Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, LG Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, and VIZIO Smart TV.
YouTube is the last option to stream ABC Channel. It is one of the most popular media streaming services in the U.S. It plans costs $64.99 per month and it includes HGTV, FX, FXX, truTV, VH1, USA Network, Paramount Network, Travel Channel, WE tv, Syfy, TLC, TBS, etc.
- You can record unlimited hours of videos in its cloud DVR storage.
- Three devices can stream at the same time.
- 60 channels are available.
- It supports LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android, iOS, Apple TV, iOS, and PS4.
Frequently Asked Questions-
My TV provider’s name is not listed, what to do?
If your TV provider is not listed then you are not able to activate the ABC app. Either you can use a different TV provider or you must try media streaming services like YouTube TV, AT&T TV, and Hulu.
ABC is lagging and freezing too much?
There can be many various reasons for this-
- Internet connection is not properly connected. So, check before installing the connection.
- Keep your router as close to the Samsung Smart TV as possible.
- Use Ethernet.
- Your speed might be too slow for streaming ABC content.
- Try another internet service.
Is ABC Channel available outside the U.S?
No, currently the ABC app is only within the U.S and its territories (including Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands).